Saturday, November 15, 2008

So rough stuff. I just finished watching Larry King with Joy from The View ( I like that show :) ) Anyways. What a tough thing to talk about or have to vote on or form opinions about. In case you missed Larry King it was about proposition 8. Have I mentioned that it was a tough one? Me I believe that in the scriptures Marriage is defined as a spiritual union between one man and one women:) And so I think that is how Marriage should stay. But I think that homosexual couples should have the same rights and benefits in their Civil Union as heterosexuals have in Marriage. I say that it is a tough subject because ultimately I want Everyone to be Happie :) I can understand people in relationships, regardless of how different they are from my own would want to have the very same, equal rights and benefits that I have. So lets give the same benefits to Civil Unions as Marriage while still leaving Marriage as defined in the scriptures , between one man and one women :) Yay everyone Happie!? :) That's just my opinion. But really what we need to Remember and Never forget is that EVERYONE who has been, who are now and who will come to this Earth Regardless of race, religion, sexual orientation or any other Wonderful way you can think of that make all of us unique individuals, Everyone Everywhere are All our Brothers and Sisters and are All Children of our Father in Heaven!!!!!!! :) And He Loves ALL OF US So Much that He sent His Son!!!!!!! :)

1 comments:

xoelle said...

Amen. So many people are freaking out about this issue talking about how the religious right is pushing their morals and hate on the rest of the world....taking away freedoms, and it just isn't true.
Marriage is not ours to change. It is an institution that God has placed here to create families.
Civil unions should be allowed (and separate from marriages) in the United States for anyone who wants to benefit from the joining of two lives, according to the state. That IS something that is in our hands to change.

Anyways, I feel for you Julie- I've been struggling with this issue since it was announced this past summer and especially once the church got involved....and I know there's something we can do where almost everyone will be happy.

hugs!