Tuesday, April 21, 2009

so today was an exciting day :) joshie is on his way to take one of his last finals! :) YAY!!! :) no more school for the summer :) we have been acomplishing a lot in our efforts of making our tiny apartment not so tiny feeling and getting it good and clean! :) also today i worked on facing one my fears :) yep today was the first day of my adult swimming lessons!!! every tuesday and thursday untill may 14th! my goal is to be able to swim well enough that i can swim and play comfortably in the water with the children and joshie :)



so i was a bit really a lot nervous on my way to class! :) in a good way :) on the way i felt nervous, excitement with a little bit a fear mixed all together in my tummy :) i am Really afraid of being in water above my chest and if i feel myself start to lose my footing and start to float a little i REALLY freak out! today when i sat down and slid into the water that went up to my chest i thought my heart had stopped for a moment :) as i practiced blowing bubbles through my nose, dunking my head down into the water and attempting to float a little all while holding onto the wall, i started to become more comfortable in the water :) it also helped that my instructer was so nice and patient :) she said i did really well today i just need to relax :) so i think that i will spend some extra time in the water before class :)



im prettie excited!!! :) the kids joshie and i will be getting pool passes for the year so we will start playing in the pool after my classes :)


this summer is going to be GREAT!!!!!!!! :)

5 comments:

Elly Belly said...

Oh! Julielee, that is exciting! Good for you! I was just reading an article last week about how risk-taking is good for you. Facing the water again is definitely a risk--yay you! Soon, you will be an amazing swimmer! :-)

Unknown said...

I am so happy for you!!! What a feeling of accomplishment you will feel once you have totally nicked this fear in the bud and turn it into something fun! You are amazing! I am so glad you have a kind instructor. Have a wonderful summer!!!!

xoelle said...

yay! I'm right there with you...I'm going to start motorcycle lessons- and it's so scary to me!

We should all go swimming this summer!

Amanda Impett said...

I'm proud of you for facing your fears I know how hard that can be I'm starting to do the same thing myself but at the same time it feels wonderful once you have done it. Good for you and I'm glad you will be able to go swimming with your family.

Stephanie said...

I LOVE YOU!!! I'm so glad that you are taking on your fears and doing your best!! You are awesome!! And I can also attest that this Summer is going to be a BLAST and I can't wait for you and your family to meet my Bestest Friend!! The wedding is coming up very shortly, and I can't wait to see you and Joshie and the family!!